Rural Opportunity Zone
Chase County has been designated as a Rural Opportunity Zone. By moving to Chase County, you may qualify for a Kansas income tax waiver for up to five years.
To be eligible for Kansas income tax waivers, individuals must have:
- Established residency in Chase County on or after July 1, 2011
- Lived outside Kansas for five or more years immediately prior to establishing residency in a Chase County
- Earned less than $10,000 in Kansas Source Income in each of the five years immediately prior to establishing residency in Chase County
For more information visit the Kansas Department of Commerce.
Rather work for yourself? Chase County is the perfect place to escape the rat race and become your own boss. See our Opportunities for Entrepreneurs.
Chase County has excellent, safe public schools. Our Elementary school won the 2014 Kansas Green School of the Year award for its Outdoor Learning Center. Higher education opportunities are available nearby in Emporia, 20 minutes from Chase County, at Flint Hills Technical College and Emporia State University.
Click to view Real Estate Agents
Click to view Health Services
Senior and Assisted Living Services
Click to view Senior and Assisted Living Services
County Quick Facts:
- Population: 2,757
- Population per square mile: 3.9
- Distance to nearest city: 23 miles (Emporia)
- Distance to major metro: 74 miles (Topeka)
- Newspaper: Chase County Leader News
- Airport: FAA LID: 9K0
- Major Highways: Scenic Byway 177, US 50, I-35
- Average High Temp in January: 28.7
- Average High Temp in July: 79.6
Power Outage Reporting: 800-544-4857
800-322-8667 Gas Emergency