On Saturday, June 12, we expect several hundred visitors to Pioneer Bluffs. This year we are only 14 miles from the Symphony in the Flint Hills! On the schedule:
- 10:30 am to 1:30 pm – We are hosting a pre-Symphony BBQ lunch, auction, and art show. The lunch is a combined project of Ranchland Trust of Kansas and Pioneer Bluffs.
- 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm – Open house and art show.
If you are interested in including your work in this art show, please note the following:
- We must know what you plan to bring by Monday, June 7.
- For those who have attended before, you know we will provide lighting for each piece and will prepare display placards with your information. I need to know in advance: Artist Name, Title of Artwork, Price (if available for sale), and Date Executed.
- There is a limit of five pieces per artist.
- 25% of any art sold will go to Pioneer Bluffs.
- Art work must arrive no later than 10:30 am on Saturday, June 12. We will begin hanging art at 9 am that day.
- All art will be displayed on the walls in the 1915 barn and in the 1916 granary. We do not have table space.
- Artists are invited to bring their paints for plein air throughout the day.
- Artists and their guests are invited to join us for the free lunch, we ask that you let us know how many will be in your party.
I hope to see you June 14! Questions, comments, ideas? Contact me – my numbers are below.
Later this summer, we will be hosting the debut of the film “Return to PrairyErth” with a Prairie Talk by author William Least Heat Moon. (date to be announced soon) For more information on Pioneer Bluffs and our upcoming events, check us out at www.pioneerbluffs.org and on Facebook!